Assessment, including SATs (Standard Assessment Tests)
Assessment at the beginning of children's time in school is through the 'engagement model' (click for a parent's guide to this).
There are tests at the end of key stages 1 and 2 (click for the Department for Education's guide for parents).
There is a Phonics Screening Check for children in Year 1, which is repeated in Year 2 for those children who do not meet the standard in Year 1. For an old, but still relevant, guide for parents to phonics and the check, click here.
There is a Multiplication Tables Check for children in Year 4, for which there is also a parent's guide.
- Other pages in this section:
- What people say about us
- Breakfast Club
- Bullying (what it is and what we do about it)
- Come to our Nursery
- Childcare (Pinwheels)
- Dinners and Packed Lunches
- Expectations of Pupils (Conduct)
- Newsletters (Windmill Weekly)
- Parent Forum
- ParentPay (cashless payments)
- Term Dates
- The School Day