Resources and ideas for learning at home during coronavirus restrictions
If children are off school and parents/carers wish to have a routine that is consistent with what we are doing on the school site, this is what we are doing:
- Before 9am Breakfast and play
- 9am – 10am Exercise (e.g. walking, yoga, indoor/garden circuits, bike riding)
- 10am – 11am ‘School work’ (using the online/paper-based resources we have provided)
- 11am – 12pm Creative time (eg. Lego, drawing, colouring, craft, singing, music, cooking)
- 12pm – 1pm Lunch and Relax
- 1pm – 2pm ‘School work’ (using the online/paper-based resources we have provided)
- 2pm – 3pm Quiet time (e.g. read a book, watch TV, play a board game)
- 3pm – 4pm Fresh air (e.g. outdoor play or indoor play with a window open)
- 4pm – 5pm Electronics time (e.g. gaming)
Teachers will be communicating with classes every week day by 9:15am using ClassDojo. Send photos of what your children have been up to using the Messages function on ClassDojo and the teachers will aim to respond to you by the next day.
To access our recommended websites for each group, use this Learning Links document.
For ideas about extra activities, have a look at our Learning Challenges document.
To access paper-based resources that can be used at home, collect one of our packs from the school office that should last you two weeks. If you can't get to us, let us know and we'll see if we can get it to you.